Mets Press Release
Mets Special Offers & New Attractions at Citi Field for 2012 season
Mets 50th Anniversary Season Starts Today with Mets-Braves at 1:10 p.m.
The New York Mets today announced the lineup of special offers and new attractions at Citi Field for the 2012 season. The Mets 50th Anniversary season starts with Opening Day today with the Mets hosting the Atlanta Braves at 1:10 p.m.
The Mets will offer fans a variety of ticket packages for all fans catering to families, kids, groups and corporate clients.
· $10 Student Rush – High school and college students can purchase tickets for $10 with valid identification for all home games except Opening Day and the Subway Series.
· T-Shirt Tuesdays – Fans will receive an exclusive limited edition t-shirt plus a game ticket for just $19.
· Power Pack – For $22, fans can enjoy a ticket to a game and a Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog, Brooklyn Burger or veggie burger, Nathan’s Famous French Fries and medium Pepsi-branded soda.
· Mr. Met Dash Pack – Select at least three Mr. Met Dash games on Sundays (April 22, May 6, June 17, July 8, August 12, August 26), and kids tickets will cost only $10.
· All You Can Eat in the Pepsi Porch – Groups of 25 or more can watch the game from the Pepsi Porch and enjoy unlimited Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs, popcorn, pretzels and Pepsi-branded sodas for as low as $35 a ticket. The offer starts with the Friday, May 4 game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
· Kids Go Free – Pick up a copy of the Daily News and fill out a voucher to receive up to three free kids tickets with the purchase of a regularly priced adult ticket for the Saturday, April 7 through Sunday, April 22 games. Vouchers can be redeemed at the Citi Field Ticket Windows on the day of the game.
The Mets Ticket Office will be raffling off tickets and autographed memorabilia at every game. Fans should visit the ticket information tables on the Field Level in centerfield by Shea Bridge and at the top of the escalators in the Jackie Robinson Rotunda, and on the Promenade Level by Section 420.
New and Enhanced Seating Locations
Party City Deck – As a result of moving in the leftfield wall, the Mets have created the Party City Deck, a unique seating section immediately above the new wall that places fans on top of the action and includes complimentary food, beverage and beer. The group hospitality space will be a prime location to catch balls during batting practice and the game, and fans will never miss a pitch with food and beverage delivered right to their seats. A limited number of single-game tickets in the Party City Deck will be available for the Sunday, April 8 through Wednesday, April 11 games.
Champions Club – The new all-inclusive club is only accessible to Champions Club ticket holders. A premium food buffet will feature daily chef selections of carved meats, pasta or made-to-order omelets, traditional entrees and sides, plus hot dog, slider and nacho stations.
Modell’s Clubhouse – The outfield walls moving in allowed the Mets to expand the Modell’s Clubhouse to incorporate an outdoor seating area for an additional 40 fans.
Mets Hall of Fame & Museum
As part of the Mets 50th Anniversary, the Mets Hall of Fame & Museum will feature a new exhibit and artifacts that celebrate each decade of Mets history.
· 1960’s: Casey Stengel jacket, Frank Thomas cleats, Jerry Koosman glove, Tug McGraw contract, Bud Harrelson World Series helmet, Sports Illustrated cover with Casey Stengel, Ed Charles hat, Ed Kranepool World Series glove, Howie Rose scorecard of Tom Seaver’s “Imperfect Game”
· 1970’s: Sports Illustrated cover with Jerry Koosman, Jerry Grote catcher mask, Gil Hodges last-worn regular season jersey, Willie Mays glove, Willie Mays bat
· 1980’s: Gary Carter World Series jersey, Gary Carter catcher’s glove, Ray Knight World Series bat, Ron Darling glove, Darryl Strawberry helmet, Keith Hernandez hat, Dwight Gooden cleats, Sports Illustrated cover with Dwight Gooden
· 1990’s: Ricky Henderson cleats from 1,300th stolen base, David Cone cap from 19 strikeout game, two Robin Ventura bats used to hit grand slams in each game of a doubleheader, Sports Illustrated cover “Greatest Infield Ever,” John Olerud jersey with commemorative Jackie Robinson patch
· 2000’s: Pedro Martinez cleats, Mike Piazza game used bat, David Wright batting gloves, John Franco FDNY cap, Rey Ordóñez jersey, Edgardo Alfonzo glove, Sports Illustrated cover with Johan Santana
John Franco, the Mets’ all-time leader in saves and games pitched, will be inducted into the Mets Hall of Fame during the Mets Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony presented by Citi Sunday, June 3 prior to the 1:10 p.m. game against the St. Louis Cardinals. Franco saved 276 games for the Mets from 1990-2004. The four-time All-Star compiled 424 saves during his career, the fourth-most in major league history and the most by any lefthanded reliever.
Citi Field Dining
Under the direction of Citi Field Executive Chef Robert Flowers, the Mets and ARAMARK have added new dining options throughout the ballpark. In addition, Two Boots will debut at Citi Field with its Creole inspired pizzas being served up at Taste of the City in the field level in the outfield, and Gyros and other Greek specialties will add to the diverse cuisine at the World’s Fare Market.
The following is a sampling of some of the new items and where they are available:
· El Verano Taquería – Vegetarian Tacos, Barbacoa Quesadilla
· Box Frites – Buffalo Dog, Sweet Frites, Fried Pies
· Catch of the Day – Flash Fried Beer Battered Shrimp Skewers
· Ballpark Concessions – Cholula Chipotle Crispy Chicken Sandwich, “Pastrachos.”
· Delta Sky360 Club – Fried Flounder Sandwich, Smothered Swedish Meatball, Seared Tenderloin Medallions
· Caesars Club – Reuben Quesadilla
· Acela Club – Pork Osso Bucco
· Promenade Club – Home Run Wings, The New Yawkah, 7-1-Ate Special
· Empire Suites – Buttermilk Crispy Chicken, Southwest Chicken Salad
50th Anniversary Merchandise
A selection of Mets 50th Anniversary merchandise will be available at the Mets Team Store and throughout the ballpark. The items include: backpacks, bags, baseballs, blankets, caps, fleeces, jackets, jerseys (replica and authentic), mini bats, mugs, pennants, pins, towels and t-shirts.